We praise diamonds for their dazzling beauty today as we did centuries ago, when the Roman naturalist Pliny said his famous words. At Lamon Jewelers, we believe that giving our loved ones the most precious of all things in the world is what matters the most. And, we have chosen diamonds for several reasons:
- Diamond is one of top 10 strongest substances on Earth. It ranks #1 strongest substance among naturally occurring materials. Having the most stable atomic structure of all natural elements, diamonds are extremely difficult to cut. Changing diamond from a rough stone into a faceted gem requires specialized knowledge, equipment and techniques. This can be done only in a hand full of cities around the world, including New York and Tel Aviv.
- Diamond is one of the oldest materials known to humanity. It may be up to 3 billion years old. Natural diamonds originate some 320 miles beneath the surface of the Earth. Broken apart crystals are transported onto the surface via hot magma formations and later crystallize into minerals as they cool off. Just imagine giving your sweetheart something so timeless. Something that can make a tough journey from the very depths of our planet!
- Diamond embodies the history of love affairs. The tradition of giving engagement rings goes back to the 15th century, when King Archduke Maximillian of Austria presented Mary of Burgundy with a gorgeous diamond. That sparked interest among European aristocracy and the tradition sped its way into the modern-day culture.
- Diamond is a great investment. According to Forbes Magazine, a global decline in quality diamond production in the mines of Russia and Canada and increased demand among growing Asian middle class, especially in China and India, will make diamonds a desired investment in the years to come. Because of difference in opinions, we recommend seeking an expert advice that can help accurately estimate the true value of each individual stone.
- Diamonds are still a girl’s best friend! From Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor to Madonna and Rihanna, diamonds remain a popular theme in today’s culture. Nothing can compare to the sparkling brilliance and perfection of a diamond as it still remains the symbol of enduring love and affection.
This is why we love diamonds. Why do you love them?